Comunicato Stampa disponibile solo in lingua originale.
• Following the Culinary Trunk, DS Automobiles is introducting a new iteration with the Picnic Hamper, again handmade by La Malle Bernard, the oldest box and trunk maker still working in France with the seal of the Entreprise du Patrimoine Vivant.
• Made of high-quality materials, the Picnic Hamper has been designed by DS #design STUDIO #paris. It is part of a series of concepts dedicated to the French art of travel.
• The DS Automobiles Picnic Hamper can be personalised and has been designed for four people to enjoy a picnic lunch as part of the ESPRIT DE VOYAGE Collection available with DS 4, DS 7 and DS 9.
Registered on the UNESCO List of Intangible Cultural Heritage, French gastronomy reflects the refinement, taste and friendliness that are typical of the French lifestyle. It’s testament to the diversity and wealth of regional culinary specialties that the French are proud of and renowned for and that attract tourists from all over the world.
To fully enjoy this unique experience, DS Automobiles is offering a new Picnic Hamper alongside its Culinary Trunk.
Again designed by DS #design STUDIO #paris and La Malle Bernard, the DS Automobiles Picnic Hamper features precious materials with a nappa leather finish – in a Pearl Grey colour identical to that of the ESPRIT DE VOYAGE Collection – and high-quality fabric inside covering panels made out of wood from poplar barrels. It is embossed with the ESPRIT DE VOYAGE signature, taken from the Collection available with DS 4, DS 7 and DS 9.
The details also have touches that embody expertise with Clous de #paris embossed inserts on the handles, nickel-plated jewellery clasps and hand-stitched leather strap handles. Each hamper is handcrafted by La Malle Bernard trunk makers and requires several dozen hours of work.
The picnic hamper was designed for lunch in the fresh air for four diners with a wide range of containers and major accessories:
• Four complete Bento boxes – 3 watertight compartments for starters/main courses/desserts
• Four sets of cutlery
• Four wine glasses
• A walnut chopping board to put the glasses on
• Four cotton and linen napkins by Guy Degrenne
• Four test tubes for salts/peppers/oils/vinegars
• An insulated bottle
• A large glass dessert jar
• A set of spoons to serve dessert
• A Claude Dozorme chrome Laguiole knife with aluminium handle
• A L'Atelier du Vin corkscrew
Each hamper can be personalised by the La Malle Bernard workshop to match the customers' model of car and be branded with their initials. Other options are available from La Malle Bernard. The Culinary Trunk is still in stock, with containers designed to be filled with different ingredients.
The DS Automobiles Picnic Hamper and Culinary Trunk are made by La Malle Bernard, the oldest box and trunk makers still operating in France and bearing the French seal of the Entreprise du Patrimoine Vivant. In a workshop established in #paris in 1846, Jules Bernard and Caroline Simon demonstrated their expertise after working for the Louvre’s department stores. At the beginning of the twentieth century, La Malle Bernard became known for its trunks covered with a black coating, designed to transport and showcase goods of all shapes. In the 1930s, La Malle Bernard specialised in making #automotive trunks, with models for the roof and boot. These trunks were custom made and in canvas that was the same colour as the bodywork. Inside they were most frequently fitted with two suitcases. This configuration allowed travellers to leave the trunk securely attached to the back of the car and simply remove the two protected suitcases. A traditional family business, La Malle Bernard retains a shop in #paris and its workshops are located in Normandy.
Very limited-edition versions of the DS Automobiles Picnic Hamper and Culinary Trunk are available on the DS Automobiles lifestyle store for lovers of the good life, priced at 5,000 and 4,000 euros respectively.
© Copyright 2023