november 20, 2020 - Citroen
Autobest jury awards Citroën Ami the "a star is born"
- The AutoBest jury, comprising journalists from 31 European countries, has awarded Citroën #ami its special “A STAR IS BORN” prize.
- The award recognises the innovative nature of this new electric individual #mobility solution, bringing greater freedom of movement to the widest possible audience.
- On sale since May, #ami is an original and complementary alternative to urban transport modes that can be accessed by anyone from the age of fourteen, with room for two people to travel inside a closed, protective cabin.
A STAR IS BORN
Ami is a practical response to new #mobility expectations. With its compact size, unique design and ground-breaking visual approach, #ami breaks the rules, creating surprise and immediate attachment.
And the philosophy of thinking differently extends well beyond the object itself to the entire #ami ecosystem – both in terms of its fully #digital journey and its distribution method.
The factors that wowed the AutoBest jury are:
MAVERICK #mobility SOLUTION
- Ami is electric: zero CO2 emissions for the benefit of all and access to all city centres, with an easy, silent and fluid drive. A battery that recharges in just three hours from a standard electrical socket, like a smartphone.
- Compact and agile: an ultra-compact 2.41 m body length and 7.20 m turning circle, making city travel and parking easy.
- Comfortable and protective: small on the outside and large on the inside, #ami allows two people to travel side by side in total comfort, with an enclosed, heated passenger compartment bathed in light and protected from the outside.
- An assertive, customisable identity: an original style and innovative design featuring developments such as symmetrical parts and 6 accessory packs, giving #ami its own distinctive look.
ACCESSIBLE TO ALL
- Ami can be driven without a licence from age 14 in France,
- Attractive, flexible “a la carte” offers, bringing #mobility within everyone’s reach as and when they need it, from cash purchase starting at €6,000 (€900 bonus deducted) through to monthly rental starting at €19.99/month for long-term rental, and including vehicle-sharing options starting at €0.26/minute,
- Offers now available to professionals.
A FULLY #digital SALES JOURNEY
- With #ami, Citroën is reinventing its distribution method in response to the changing consumption patterns of its customers. A single online sales site, store.citroen.fr/ami, has been developed for an easy customer experience that delivers freedom while saving time.
- Available 24/7, anywhere, from a #digital device such as a smartphone, tablet or computer, #ami can be explored, configured, ordered and paid for without leaving your home. You can also book a trial, get additional information via the dedicated call centre, view the list of authorised points of sale, choose your delivery address, etc.
- Another original feature of #ami: it can be delivered to your home just like any other consumer product.
SPECIFIC DISTRIBUTION METHOD
- Through its partnership with the Fnac-Darty network, a French leader in distribution (online sales and customer services) and a key player in the urban #mobility market, Citroën is demonstrating its culture of innovation as it reaches out to new customers.
- Ami is presented as the centrepiece of a pop-up kit which breaks the traditional car showroom rules, playing with materials (wood, metal) and colours (orange) to give a fresh, quirky feel. #ami accessories are attached to panels with tensioners in a way that's reminiscent of the components of a construction set.
COMPLETE AND ORIGINAL TESTING SYSTEM
To ensure #ami can be experienced and tested by as many people as possible, Citroën has expanded its usual testing system.
- Mobile pop-up stores (a variation of the pop-up kits to be used in exhibition areas at authorised points of sale) have travelled the length and breadth of France this summer.
- A selection of Fnac and Darty stores are showcasing #ami and offering it on a test basis.
- The participating Citroën network.
- Test drives from the customer’s home.
Citroën #ami has impressed not only the AutoBest jury, but also the public: to date, 2,400 customers in France have already chosen this innovative personal micro-mobility solution designed for the city: easy, electric and accessible.