Enjoying a positive round five of the 2016 #enduro World Championship series, the Johansson #yamaha Junior #enduro Team saw its riders Erik Appelqvist and Lee Sealey both secure a podium result at the team's home GP in #sweden.
For the third time this season riders were faced with wet and muddy track conditions, with up-and-coming youngsters Appelqvist and Sealey putting their #enduro modified #yamaha #yz125 machines to the test over two long and demanding days of #racing around Enkoping.
Racing in front of his home crowd, 19-year-old Appelqvist kicked off the GP of #sweden with the second fastest time in Fridays Super Test. Determined to make the most of his familiarity of the tricky Swedish forest tracks he went on to post top three times in six out of nine special tests on day one, to eventually earn a highly positive runner-up position in #enduro Youth class.
The young Swede was equally fast on day two, even posting the second best time in the final laps long #enduro test, but a few mistakes in the beginning of the day resulted in him having to settle for fifth place.
For his Johansson #yamaha Junior #enduro Team team-mate Lee Sealey the GP of #sweden ended on a high note. Finishing eighth on day one the 20-year-old Brit came back stronger on day two to post top three times in five out of nine test and eventually earn third in the #enduro Youth class.
Collecting 23 valuable points Sealey gained a spot in the #enduro Youth championship standings, where hes currently sitting in fourth place. Despite missing the first round of the championship in Morocco, his teammate Appelqvist is still holding on to a strong third position in the championship standings.
Yamaha supported rider Jean-Baptiste Nicolot endured a mixed Swedish GP in Enkoping. Landing a podium result with third on day one, the Equipe de France d'Enduro de l'Armee de Terre team rider was unable to finish day two at the GP of #sweden. Despite this misfortune the young Frenchman is currently holding to the runner-up spot in the #enduro Youth championship standings, only one point behind leader #jackedmondson.
The 2016 FIM #enduro World Championship will now head to Gordexola in Spain for round six of the series on July 2/3.
Results 2016 FIM #enduro World Championship, Round 5, Sweden
Day 1 #enduro Youth
1. #jackedmondson (GBR), KTM, 1:16:24.43
2. Erik Appelqvist (SWE), #yamaha, 1:17:37.02, +1:12.59
3. Jean-Baptiste Nicolot (FRA), #yamaha, 1:18:43.84, +2:19.41
4. Joakim Grelsson (SWE), KTM, 1:19:07.78, +2:43.35
5. Antti Hanninen (FIN), Husqvarna, 1:20:41.39, +4:16.96
6. Emil Jonsson (SWE), #yamaha, 1:22:14.32, +5:49.89...
8. Lee Sealey (GBR), #yamaha, 1:24:11.16, +7:46.73
Day 2 #enduro Youth
1. #jackedmondson (GBR), KTM, 1:07:49.42
2. Joakim Grelsson (SWE), KTM, 1:09:59.68, +2:10.26
3. Lee Sealey (GBR), #yamaha, 1:10:00.82, +2:11.40
4. Antti Hanninen (FIN), Husqvarna, 1:10:01.36, +2:11.94
5. Erik Appelqvist (SWE), #yamaha, 1:10:01.79, +2:12.37
6. Ruy Barbosa (CHL), Husqvarna, 1:11:47.19, +3:57.77
2016 FIM #enduro World Championship Standings (After Round Five)
1. #jackedmondson (GBR), KTM, 149pts
2. Jean-Baptiste Nicolot (FRA), #yamaha, 148pts
3. Erik Appelqvist (SWE), #yamaha, 126pts
4. Lee Sealey (GBR), #yamaha, 88pts
5. Valerian Debaud (FRA), #yamaha, 85pts
6. Antti Hanninen (FIN), Husqvarna, 56pts
© Copyright 2019